FoCo Cafe’s mission is to build community by providing nutritious and delicious meals to the people of Fort Collins regardless of their ability to pay while using mostly local, organic, and sustainably grown ingredients.
FoCo Cafe is the first nonprofit restaurant in Fort Collins. Cafe patrons set the price for cafe cuisine in this pay-what-you-can setting. Instead of a cash register, a donation box is on the counter. If you can give more, please pay it forward. If you have a little less, pay what you can. If your pockets are empty, participate in community with your time and talent in exchange for a mouth-watering meal. Daily menu selections are made primarily using fresh, locally grown ingredients, and funded by the donations of patrons donating for their meals.
It is the intent of the FoCo Cafe to build a healthy community, and we have built our concept on the following values:
• Every human innately has dignity and should be treated as such.
• Every duty, volunteer or otherwise, has value.
• Participating in a community nourishes the soul.
• Everyone deserves to eat nutritional food.
• All people need a hand up at some point(s) in their lives.